Also, I have had more and more questions and queries about running the Octopus Deploy app in a distributed Splunk environment.
With all my learnings over the past 12 months, I have decided to re-write this app along the way blogging about some best practices.
Below is a basic outline I think I will go for.
- Part 1 - Setting up a repo(s) and build on Github for a Splunk app.
- Part 2 - Getting data in via a AddOn/Modular Input
- Part 3 - Securing credentials for a AddOn/Modular Input
- Part 4 - Dashboards Redux
- Part 5 - Deployment Considerations
- Part 6 - Splunk App Certification
Time will tell how quickly I get this done among family and other OSS commitments.